Tuesday, July 27, 2010

plans

I gave my notice in to work (as you know)....I assumed everything would stay the same day-to-day and I would continue in my routine until THE day (1st September...only 36 days to go!!) but I have already been asked to work outside of normal hours to help with interviews (for my replacement, weird huh?) and have all sorts of extra tasks to complete before I go *sigh*

I had thought there would be a feeling of...a line being drawn, an end in sight I suppose, but it actually feels like I have more to do than normal!!
sorry to be all *blah* ... I have got BIG news of new projects and I am still VERY excited....and I know 36 days will go by in a flash!
*cupcakes are for a special order from my etsy bulk shop!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess it shows how much they value you........?!As you say - it will fly by and Sept will then be the END of it!
Looking forward to hearing/ seeing about your BIG plans!Very exciting for you(and us!)
Juliexoxo

PixieBelle said...

Only agree to what you feel is positive for you and won't leave you feeling a little used when you go. A lot of companies panic when a valued member of staff leaves but then they take advantage a little in getting them to organise everything to have a smooth cross over when they leave which is, let's face it, not your responsibility!
Do what feels right but be sure to keep your own valued time too. ;)

Jak said...

Still, in 36 days' time you will be your own boss and hopefully the time will fly. Looking forward to hearing about your new plans. How exciting for you.

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling... when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be a train...! I have the next 36 days off work and I know it will fly by... so hang in there...
Losh

Megan said...

The same thing happened at my job. The month before I was finished (and moving overseas), I worked 12 hour days and even went in on my days off. It was insane. And like you, I did interviews for my position as well!

hoyoyi said...

go for it~~~ always love ur felt works ^ ^