Thursday, February 18, 2010

a half ta-dah!

today was started very slowly with aching muscles and a slightly twinge-y back (and a vow to never move again!) but after a good bath I was slightly springier and managed to get a lot done!
I'm back at the day job tomorrow so getting the Packing Room fully operational was at the top of the too do list, and you'll be glad to hear it's been busy and all orders have been wrapped, packed & posted.
the 6 Billy's are the legs for my packing table...we still need to iron the edging on the table top, but at least I have a table!

all the bigger shelves have items on them in some sort of order ::
and although it doesn't look quite finished it does mean I know where everything is again!

before the move I was running very low on felt and was itching to order, but I didn't want to move anything unnecessarily so I waited and the order arrived late yesterday ::

and a few hours later went from a pile on the desk....

into my new storage unit ::
The top three rows are 12" squares and the bottom two rows are 24" squares
I love how it looks!
which is more than can be said for the Making Room...all my vital supplies are at home in the lounge for evening sewing so it's not so urgent to get this room ready...
John has the task of re-making the giant table he made for me...and I have the task of unpacking the remaining 10 or so boxes!
still lots to do!

11 comments:

trash said...

Crumbs! Where do you buy your energy and enthusiasm? Am dead impressed with lovely new set-up.

TONE LILENG said...

It's nice to follow your step by step installation. I've always just rented a studiospace, - but now we're (my husband and me) planning to buy a big garage where we can have both studio, shop/gallery. I'm excited - and it's inspiring to see other entrepeneurs. :) I wish you all luck in your new location! Tone

http://enfuglianden.blogspot.com/

Rachel M said...

It's looking really good! :)

LoloDesigns said...

It's all starting to look rather fabulous again. I could look at that felt all day long :o) x

Sarah said...

It's looking lovely! I admire your stamina! :)

Sarah said...

Looks absolutely fabulous - makes me want to tidy my messy stock room!

Sandra said...

wow ... it's really taking shape :) so exciting

Indigo Blue said...

I have followed your blog since not long after you started and I seem to remember your dream of having your own craft shop. I think this may be the start. Lots of hard work has gone into your new location and the white units really set off the stock. Take care of your back, I have been in agony since last Thursday and I swear it was spring cleaning my daughters play house that did it!
xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh you have been busy since I was last here, must have missed the fact you were moving. The new place looks wonderful - well almost anywhere would with the rainbow of felts and fabby fabric ;)
Anne xx

ILikePaperCutting said...

where is your location? I wanted to pay you a visit.

lasastrecillavaliente said...

Hello, I´d like contact with you, I am looking felt for my shop and buttons.
Thank you.
Best regards.

lasastrecillavaliente@gmail.com